Nov 27, 2008

Resolution Of A Witch

I have so many things to put in here... yet I have little time at the minute.. so while I am gathering thoughts, filing photos of the new house, the trip across country, getting my veg garden and herb patch planted, as well as juggling job interviews - I will leave you with this wonderful poem by Rae Beth.. I so love this and wanted to share.. come Monday I shall take some deep breaths, post some piccies and share sometime here with my blog.. Thank you also to those who have sent well wishes to us, they have been graciously received..Blessings to you all.. now to the wonderful words of Rae Beth...

RESOLUTION OF A WITCH
May I be as the one who weaves the clothIn a forest, deep hidden.
May I sit at the work, uninterrupted. And may I remain an outcast, if that is what it takes.
May I know the seasonal procession in my spirit and in my body, celebrate cross quarters, solstices and equinoxes.
May each Full Moon find me looking upwards, at trees out lined on luminous sky.
May I hold wildflowers.
May I cup them in my hand.
May I then release them, unpicked, to live on in abundance.
May my friends be of the kind who are at ease with silence.
May they and I be innocent of pretension.
May I be capable of gratitude.
May I knowThat I was given joy, like mother's milk.
May I know this as my dog does, in her bones and blood.
May I speak the truth about happiness and painIn songs that sound of the scent of rosemary,as everyday and ancient, kitchen-herb strong.
May I not incline to self-righteousness or self-pity.
May I approach the high earthworks and the stone circles? As fox or moth, and disturb the place no more than that.
May my gaze be direct and my hand steady.
May my door be open to those who dwell outside wealth and fame and privilege.
May those who have never walked barefoot never find the path that leads up to my door.
May they be lost on the labyrinthine journey.
May they turn back, and may I sit beside the fire in winter and see in the glowing logs what is to come,Yet never feel the need to warn or to advise, unasked.
May I sit upon a plain wooden chair, in true contentment.
May the place where I live be as the forest.
May there be track ways where there are caves and pools and trees and flowers, animals and birds, all known to me and revered, loved.
May my existence change the world no more nor less than the gusting of winds, or the proud growth of trees. For this, I go in cast-off clothes.
May I keep faith, always.
May I never find excuses for the expedient.
May I know that I have no choice, and yet still make the choice as the song is made, in joy, and with consideration.
May I make the same choice every day, again.When I fail, may I know forgiveness for myself.
May I dance naked, unafraid to face my own reflection.
By Rae Beth
                                             

4 OF YOU SAID:

Marcheline said...

What a great poem - thanks to you for sharing it.

- M

hippymummy said...

Thankyou so much for this, it's just what i needed to hear today.Which Rae Beth book is this from? One of the first books i ever read when i discovered these wise woman ways was Hedgewitch, she helped me so much and pointed me along the way... Brightest Blessings xXx

Wendý said...

*smiles* I am so glad it touched the spot when you needed it, it sure helped me to find some balnace when I read it.. I believe it is from Rae Beths book, The Wiccan Path -

LadyMoonkist ( Lisa ) said...

Wendy, thank you for sharing this poem with us all...and letting us know about your journey! I am so glad to see you safe and snug at last! And isnt it wonderful that you met three witches!!!!!
I so snagged the poem hun...hope you dont mind. I simply love it and have to share it with others. ....Brightest Blessings Sister, Lisa

Post a Comment

Thank you for you stopping by at Butterflies and Breezes. I always love receiving comments and I look forward to reading yours.