Dec 30, 2008

Unconditional Love

I would have to say, this has been the toughest year for me since I migrated to this country... With my only son getting married in another country and us not being able to attend, followed by my daughter in law developing Postpartum Cardiomyopathy,while delivering our first Grandchild prematurely, I was already on an International flight to get to my son's side, when my little grandson developed such a serious infection that we were told to prepare for the worse, just when it was looking up, his larynx collapsed. Amidst all of this he was suffering serious side effects from the medication his mother was on, thank the Goddess for a very switched on nurse who picked up on it! We had a few months reprieve before my Rheumatoid Arthritis came out of remission and we had to move over here to Western Australia.. So it has been a pretty tough year, topped off by an incident on Christmas Night that has left me feeling pretty disillusioned and somewhat un-trusting..( due to it's nature I am not feeling OK to share it in a blog) so for the last for days I have been feeling a cross between depressed and plain blimmin angry, but you know, kids can be amazing - be it little kids or big kids.. I opened my email a little earlier and found a poem my *big* daughter had sent, written by Roger Pinchers.. it reads like this:
YOU ARE LOVED:
When the road seems too long - When darkness sets in, when everything turns out wrong
And you can't find a friend Remember ~ you are loved
When smiles are hard to come by - And you're feeling down when you spread your wings to fly
And can't get off the ground Remember ~ you are loved.
When time runs out before you're through - And it's over before you begin
when little things get to you and you just can't win Remember ~ you are loved.
When your loved ones are far away and you are on your own
When you don't know what to say, when you're afraid of being alone Remember ~ you are loved.
When your sadness comes to an end, and everything is going right may you think of your family and friends and keep their love in sight a thank-you for being loved.
May you see the love around you in everything you do, and when troubles seem to surround you
May all the love shine through - You are blessed ~ you are loved.

It made me cry, well I am a Mother and we do that stuff.. then I went to my gmail account and found another she posted for me on MySpace..

A MOTHER'S LOVE:
A Mother's love is something that no one can explain,
It is made of deep devotion and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it or take that love away . . .
It is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters even though the heart is breaking . .
It believes beyond believing when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty of the rarest, brightest gems . . .
It is far beyond defining,it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret like the mysteries of creation . . .
A many splendoured miracle man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence of God's tender guiding hand.
~Helen Steiner Rice~
Sarah my adult daughter is such a Blessing to me, she is a beautiful, smart, funny and thoughtful woman, we do not share the same beliefs but she respects and tries to understand mine, and I hers. I could not want a better daughter and I am so happy that we are able to love each other unconditionally and I am so Blessed she understands..

2 OF YOU SAID:

hippymummy said...

How beautiful! i would've cried too!What a lovely thoughtful girl you have there!
Sorry to hear that you're feeling down, i hope that whatever it is that's upset you is resolved soon. in the meantime please accept my sincere wishes for a happy, healthy, peaceful new year to you and all those that you hold dear. Happy 2009! Brightest Blessings, sarah & kids xXx

Jennifer said...

Inspiring post! It gave me a much needed smile~Thank You!

Post a Comment

Thank you for you stopping by at Butterflies and Breezes. I always love receiving comments and I look forward to reading yours.