Apr 23, 2011

An hour in the kitchen

Managed to spend an hour or so in the kitchen in not to much discomfort sooooo I got cooking..
I know it looks like Im boiling my dirty dish cloths, but under the bubbles are bacon bones, lentils, split peas and barley - tomorrow I will make a pot of bacon and veggie soup for ANZAC Day lunch.

The start of tonights dinner.. homemade pizza. We have been eating a lot of one pot meals lately to save me standing to long at the stove.. so I thought the kids might like pizza tonight.. whats more

Im making pudding, something we don't even eat  much when I am functioning 100% but this will be self saucing chocolate pudding, here is the recipe:
Preheat oven to 190c
In a bowl, put 100 grams softened butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract beat till smooth, then add 1 and 1/4 cups flour, 1 tablespoon cocoa, 2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 cups chopped nuts (optional) mix well and put into a 2 liter greased casserole,
Then in a separate bowl mix, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon cornflour ( I add a tablespoon of instant coffee as well) mix well and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter. Gently pour over the back of a spoon, 2 cups of boiling water. Cook for about 40 minutes or until the centre is firm..server alone or with ice cream.. such a simple pudding. The water and sauce wiggles its way to the bottom of the dish making a tasty gooey sauce.
Then there is Dim Sim aka "Meow" here she is, sitting on my kitchen mat waiting for her dinner.. she was making a ruckus until she seen the camera and decided to sit nicely for a photo!
.

Im also looking forward to tomorrow morning when my husband will be home. There is a roast of pork in the fridge so he can have a special dinner.. oh and Olly will be happy, he wants his nest back :-)




2 OF YOU SAID:

tylasnan said...

Can I come to your house for ANZAC Day lunch?
Ta!

Hailey Marie said...

That soup sounds amazing!

Post a Comment

Thank you for you stopping by at Butterflies and Breezes. I always love receiving comments and I look forward to reading yours.