Aug 2, 2011

My first article - Pagan Pages

For those who are interested, my first article is up on Pagan Pages. If you would like to pop over and have a wee read, it is here Hedge and Hearth. If the name sounds familiar it is because it was the name of my old blog...

The wheel is turning and while it is hard to imagine spring here soon, we are celebrating it's return today, the earth is warming, days are longer and  life energy is building within the dormant seed.. Bone Mother will soon be seeking other places to roam. The Maiden is returning and the God is young and full of life...
Blessed Imbolc to those brothers and sisters down here in the south and to those of you celebrating in the North, Lughnasadh blessings to you, as you partake in the fruits of the harvest....



4 OF YOU SAID:

nellymary said...

Just went over and read your first article...I love how you have found ways of cleansing a new home...and especially your coping strategies having had strangers handle your belongings...
Don't you just hate that word..."inventory".
Can't wait to read your next article...Thank-you for making me think about creating a personal space in my home.
Well done Wendy.
My sour-dough baby is ageing nicely Thank-you...I will be using it shortly.

Dragon (Karen) said...

Beautifully written Wendy!

My husband and I moved countries often and although our moves were planned, although often with short timeframes, the houses we moved into and the way our belongings were handled was usually out of our control.

At our new destination, cleansing and making sacred spaces was always important. Our move to Fiji was interesting, as Fiji calls itself a christian country and the men unloading our belongs appeared challenged by my smudge stick, salt sprinkling, crystals and dragons.

Memories ... they are really special!

I look forward to reading more of your work!

Simpleton said...

Alrighty, then, what is wrong here. I am unable to connect from home or work to that site. No firewall issues at either place, as I need free access to virtually everything.

So, what do you think I am doing wrong? I want to read it.

Anonymous said...

Imbolc blessings to you. I hope you had a wonderful celebration. Have a magical day.
Greetings from The Netherlands.

Post a Comment

Thank you for you stopping by at Butterflies and Breezes. I always love receiving comments and I look forward to reading yours.